Posts

2.16.2010

the music in me

I am thoroughly and undoubtedly inspired by music. Due to this love, and because different songs evoke different emotions and memories, my itunes is about as eclectic as they come.
Seriously...I have everything from classical to pop to country to "religion rock" on there. 
Just think about how you can be driving and a song comes on the radio that instantly transport you back to a different time in your life. (Does hearing No Scrubs by TLC make anyone else out there think of driving through the back roads of a small town in a minivan with side door open? I know there is at least one of you out there....;) )

Think about your favorite movie, I bet you can name at least one song that when you hear it, you can instantly pinpoint the part of the movie it corresponds to. What would Titanic be without the violins playing as the ship sank?

Music can put you at peace, energize you, make you feel a range of emotions.

Music is powerful.
And I love it. 
So you can imagine my excitement when I stumbled across Scrapping the Music, a fabulous blog that gives weekly scrapbooking challenges based upon... a song!

And I am playing along! What's that you say? Why yes, I do have a ton of work to catch up with other things, but I cannot resist a challenge that incorporates music! 

This week's challenge is based on Sara Evans' I Could Not Ask for More, here is my take...



 

Moments like these feel like Heaven. 

So are you up for playing along? Pop on over to Scrapping the Music and join in the fun!

11 comments:

Pink Heather said...

Beautiful digital layout. The photos are wonderful! I love this song. I will have to play along this week.

sharyncarlson said...

What a cool concept. I love the layout you made based on the song. I'm definitely going to check out their blog!

CDC said...

what a fun challenge and i love the page! and also im so glad to know readers will pop on over to ccc and know that i drove around singing no scrubs with a minivan door open;)

emma wallace said...

I'm a music lover too! And I totally agree that music in films makes so much impact. When I even hear the song from a specific part in the film, it brings back all those emotions.

The scrapbooking idea is wonderful! Love the one you did.

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

yyam said...

Awww...sweet pics! Love that your LO is digital! Thanks for joining the fun at STM! :)

Kristii said...

Such a beautiful layout!!! I just love the photos!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at STM!!!

Lisa Adair said...

What a beautiful layout. I love the simplicty of it. It's all just perfect.

The Scrappy Tree said...

I love the idea of putting song lyrics into your work :) been thinking of this in some art journaling! Love the LO, the photos are fab!

anne g-i said...

Love your photos!! And your LO - great mix of fonts!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehehe.....now i have "no scrubs" stuck in my head ... lol!!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeee music too...thank goodness i'm on the scrapping the music dt, right??!!?? LOL! :):):):):):):) Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo....just gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the way U layered them!!! amazing work!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Love your post!music is awesome!LOve your layout, the title is so beautiful and I love those photo's!Stunning LO!
Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping The Music this week!

Post a Comment