Posts

3.07.2010

love notes

 

I have always had a little guilt not keeping the valentines that my students have given me over the years, especially when they are handmade. I have kept a few of them over the years, but sadly, the majority of them end up in the ole circular file. 
Now let me tell you, this is never an easy thing to do. 
I picture the little ones carefully writing out each token of their affection, getting so excited to pass them out and thinking that the recipients will keep them forever. 
Okay, so maybe I am over dramatizing a bit. But still, they worked so hard on the cards and I hate to throw them out. 
I just never knew what to do with them.
That is, I never knew what to do with them until Maya at Basement Chronicles gave me this idea!

 
I used a heart shaped punch to cut a little piece of each valentine and then adhered them to a piece of cork using mini-brads. Add some patterned paper, some alphas and a little bit of embellishment and... Voila! A lovely little way to keep the little tokens of affection from my sweethearts of the school year!
No guilt.
All love. 
And a sweet little way to remember the kids from this year.

5 comments:

CDC said...

love it! a great way to remember their thoughtfulness for many years to come - you'll have to make it a tradition each year to make a page with them:)

Meghann Andrew said...

So sweet, and an easy way to keep momentos.

Kellie Collis said...

I agree such a beautiful way to treasure memories xx

Sian said...

That's lovely :). I didn't realise you were so close to Boston! I spent a couple of days there many years ago and loved it.

sharyncarlson said...

So darn cute! It's definitely a great way to save these little gifts :)

Post a Comment