I found this neat little survey over on Heather's blog the other day and have decided to give it a go. How fun, I think it will make a great scrapbook page! Perhaps I will add it to my December album.
Ready? Here we go...
20 Christmas Questions
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper, definitely. With pretty ribbons :-) Although I do use a gift bag here or there.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Every year we go and pick one out at a lovely little family owned business that has a very magical country store attached to it. I walk around (like a nut) sniffing every tree until we find "the one". hehe.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Either thanksgiving weekend or the weekend following. I want to enjoy it for as long as possible.
4. When do you take the tree down?
On the saddest night of the year :( Just kidding, but I do hate to take it down. Usually a week or two after New Year's.
5. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't have one that comes to mind, I remember certain Christmases, just not the gift part
6. Hardest person to buy for?
7. Easiest person to buy for?
8. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, when I actually get around to sending them.
9. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th St and Charlie Brown.
I actually don't think there is a Christmas movie I don't like (Lifetime Network movies included, HA!)
10. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
At midnight on Thanksgiving! Unless there has been something I have come across prior to that I know would be meaningful to someone.
11. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Green bean casserole!
MMB's sister makes amazing desserts that I always look forward to as well.
13. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?
14. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night or Silent Night
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Wherever the family is.
16. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?
We have a star this year, but in other years have had nothing or an angel.
17. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One on Christmas Eve when we put the cookies out for Santa, the rest on Christmas morning
18. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Commercialism and the seemingly missing aspect of the true meaning of Christmas :-(
Also...the "desensitization" of the holidays; why can't we all just celebrate and appreciate all of the different holidays this time of year for what they are without generalizing them?
19. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I have everything I need.
20. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?
It varies, but usually includes red for some reason!
So there it is! Now, how about you? Please let me know if you decide to fill out these questions, I'd love to hear your answers!