Posts

11.10.2009

my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day




 
I went to sleep with a case of the sniffles, and now I have a full blown cold. And when I got out of bed this morning, I tripped on the powercord to my blackberry, and by mistake I almost stepped on the cat's tail. And I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day………..I think I’ll move to Italy.
 

I could tell it was going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day. At school the kids started howling at recess (no really...they were playing coyotes, and it was loud...very,very loud-did I mention I have a head cold?). At lunch time no one wanted to eat. At centers one certain friend didn't want to do his work. Who needs work?


I could tell it was going to be a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day. There were no more cookies and cream milk chocolate mini Hershey's bars in the candy tin in Janet's office. Guess who forgot to put something sweet in their lunchbag?


It was a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day. That’s what it was because after school I had to go tutor, and ended up staying too late to be able to go meet my classmates in the city. "Next time" said my classmate. “Next time,” I said, “I’m going to Italy.” 


On the way downstairs I found out I left my keys upstairs. And while I was walking up the stairs to get them I tripped and stubbed my toe. And then my eyes started to fill up because of the stub, and little A started laughing at me. And to add insult to injury little A dropped my cellphone and the battery fell out and those things take foreeeeeever to reboot.


I am having a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day. I told everybody. No one even answered.


It was a Terrible, Horrible, No good, Very bad day. I don't feel like cooking dinner, but there's nothing good for leftovers (plus I HATE leftovers). There was Fox News on TV, and I HATE Fox news. My tea was too hot, I burned my tongue, my cold is getting worse, and the only clean cozy pants I could find are my old capri yoga pants with the tear in them. I hate old capri yoga pants with a tear in them. When I sat on the couch to catch up on my blogs I pressed the wrong button in the tv so I missed the first 5 minutes of So You Think You Can Dance. I ran out of tissues, I broke my fingernail and I am very, very tired. The cats don't want to snuggle with me on the couch. 

I guess some days are like that. Even in Italy.
 
(in case you don't already know, this is my very own adaptation of Judith Voirst's Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day-it's an adorable book, check it out!)

But as with all bad days, there was plenty of good mixed in. There were answered prayers, the kids made me laugh a ton, got to come home to a warm house, it is a good tv night and i can actually sit down and watch a bit, and tomorrow is a day off. 


It promises to be a wonderful, spectacular, not bad, very good day.

 

4 comments:

Angela2932 said...

And, AND, you're in Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope tomorrow is much, much better. Regression toward the mean, and all.

sharyncarlson said...

Hugs! Love how you turned a bad day into a fun blog post. And at least SYTYCD is on tonight! Who are your favorite dancers this season?

CDC said...

i hope you feel better - i have a cold as well. im sorry you had such a bad day:( use your day off tomorrow to rest and do not tell me about sytycd - dvring it and will watch it at some point tomorrow night. and i HATE leftovers too - i hope you ordered out and something good!

Amy said...

Tomorrow can only be better!
Your blog is so very pretty though ... it looks like it is made up from My Minds Eye papers - which is my favourite brand.

Post a Comment