Posts

12.03.2009

christmas albums

At first I struggled with how I was going to find a balance between Shimelle's Journal your Christmas album with  Jessica Sprague's Holidays in Hand class, but I think I have found a solution that will suit me. I might even throw in some of Ali Edward's December Daily in there.

I love and am inspired by all of the truly beautiful albums that I have seen out there. I marvel at how people can put together a whole album without knowing what is going to be in there first. And although I can definitely see how that would be helpful to have on hand, that just doesn't work for me. What I have decided to do (for this year anyhow) is that I am going to take it one page at a time. I have a stack of papers and embellishments that I want to use in ready to go and will use that to construct my album one page at a time and bind it all together at the end. Perhaps next year when I know what to expect a little more I will be able to have an album pre-made and ready to go, but I think my plan for this year will work just fine.

I decided to stick with the red, aqua, kraft and brown theme. Below are the pages that I have done so far using the prompts from Shimelle.
(you can click on the image for a closer view)

Cover


Day 1-My manifesto


Day 2-Holiday weather 
 
 
album so far

12 comments:

CDC said...

Gorgeous work! And I agree, I can't pre-make an album w/out knowing which picture(s) I'm going to use, b/c I choose my papers, embellishments, letters, etc around that. Good luck to you in the rest of your projects!!!

Tracy said...

Lovely pages! I especially love the manifesto I make the album up and cut cardstock, but dont decorate the pages until I see what the prompt is.

Becky said...

Wow! Love what you have done so far - the pages look stunning :)

Therese said...

Thanks for the inspiration - lovely blog !

Carrie said...

Very pretty! Love the color scheme. When I saw my Dec Real Simple (same colors) I was drooling!

Meghann Andrew said...

These first three pages are absolutely amazing! If this is the standard for your whole album, it will be stunning when complete!

Pen said...

sigh.
i am loving your pages,
and how fabulous to draw inspiration from 3 greats to create your own unique december daily christmas holiday journal :)
thanks for popping by and saying hi on my blog and sharing the gerard butler story.
i would superimpose my head on a pic with him too,
although my husband would probably think i've gone too far then!
i look forward to coming back and seeing how your pags progress through the month :)

Anonymous said...

Love all three pages!!! Definitely inspiring me to do more -

Sian said...

Melissa..these pages are absolutely beautiful! I love that little touch of aqua. Thanks for dropping by my blog..I'll be back here to see some more, for sure!

The Scrappy Tree said...

I couldn't agree more, all these pages are wonderful!

Coley said...

Melissa, thanks for all the nice comments on my blog. Your blog is amazingly lovely. I really like your JYC pages, especially the ruffle on page One, it is lovely. Karen x

Alissa Ferullo said...

Melissa, thanks for the blog love! =) Your blog is such a fun, creative, beautiful little place!! Very inspiring; I loved the countdown to Christmas and this little stunner. You're so talented! OH, and I also love your playlist. lol. I might have you on in the background...

Post a Comment