Posts

12.04.2009

threes (as in takes on our card and prompt of JYC)

In years past my friends and I have gotten together for a fun night of card making, complete with delicious treats and tasty beverages (mmmm, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps...). Sadly, this year that just didn't work out with everyone's schedules. Hopefully next year.

I finally had a minute to sit down and construct a design.  After a few attempts, this third take is the winner. At first I was going to do a digital hybrid card using a picture, but I couldn't find one that I liked enough (*note to self:be sure to snap a shot that can be used next year). When that idea didn't pan out I began looking for stamps and found an adorable tree set from Stampin' Up which I was planning on using. That is until I sat down to make them and discovered it would take way too long.
I just don't have the time this year.
So instead, I thought for a minute about what I could do quickly, would convey a seasonal message and still look pretty.
This is what I came up with.

It's simple.
But I like it.
 mmb likes it.
It's a go.
(and yes, that tiny strip of words is the p&p paper I raved about here)

Here's the inside. Before I adhered the paper to the front I just wrote up the sentiment in a word document and then fed the cut card through the top sheet feeder of the printer.

Voila!
Now I just need to repeat this 64 times.

On a similar note, our prompt from Shimelle was to journal about our cards.
Here's my page for Day 3. 

Being laid up with this stomach bug is not fun, but it has afforded me the opportunity to peruse through lots of people's blogs, and I must say, I have "met" some amazingly creative people.
I am so inspired.
There is some serious talent out there in the blogosphere.

Have a nice weekend!

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Really pretty card. I was thinking of making them but now might order from a Uni Vet School that tried to help one of my dogs this year. Pretty layout too! Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

PS Sorry if this is double comment, I saw word verification right as I took off for another site so came back and wrote again, lol.

CDC said...

pretty card!

Kathy M said...

Love your card. It looks perfect.

Krista Lund said...

you go girl! not feeling well and still being crafty!

Liberty :) said...

This is a lovely page!! Get well soon xox

themathchick said...

Your cards look lovely! I hope you're feeling better :)

Nellie Mae said...

Loving this card!!

sharyncarlson said...

I love the card you've designed and the LO, too. What a fun idea to include the envelope!

humel said...

I like it too - card and layout :-)

PS So sorry it's taken me a while to return your visit to my blog - I've been soooo busy - but I'm so pleased to have found you now :-) The shape of that page you commented on was cut from Shimelle's template; I'd have loved to use chipboard but I didn't have any lol and I wanted to use both sides of the lovely cardstock!

Post a Comment