Posts

11.06.2010

celebrating blog friendships

 Hello there.
Have you popped over from Rachel's blog? If so, I bet you enjoyed her post!
If you just happen to be stopping by, welcome to you also :-)

What a difference a year makes.
It was just about a year ago that I signed up for Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class and since then so much has changed. 

With the purchase of our first home (quite the fixer upper!) I have been putting my crafty skills to work in other ways: removing wallpaper, painting, decorating, you know...
And while I LOVE it, all that work doesn't allow for much time to get up to my elbows in paper, adhesive and embellishments. Fortunately we are finally making progress in the house and I should be back to scrapping soon! 

Well, in spite of the plate-load of projects I have been working on at home, that all too familiar scrapping itch has been nagging at me. I just couldn't validate unpacking a box or two of supplies when the house needs so much work. I mean, we have to make a suitable living area first, right? 

Ugh, responsibility. 
BUT....if I scrapbook for a 1 year reunion of alumni from the Blogging for Scrapbookers course then surely it should be okay. Right? RIGHT?

Thanks for backing me up on that one ;-) 

So here it is. The journaling explains it all. Thanks to Shimelle for this great class and Thanks to Jo and Lizzie for organizing this event!




(if you look closely, you'll find just a few of my favorite blogs I discovered via BFS)

Journaling:
I should have known that when I signed up for Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers course that there would be much more in store for me than the course description expressed. 
Yes, I learned lots of tips and helpful hints about blogging. 
Yes, I certainly got some great ideas for scrapbook pages. 
Yes, I looked forward to getting that prompt in my inbox every morning. 
When I handed over my class fee I sort of expected these things to happen. 

What I didn't expect to happen was perhaps the best part of this course. 
I didn't expect the friendships. 
Because of this course I have "met" creative, inspiring women from all over the globe. I stumbled upon a community of crafters who appreciate each other, cheer on the successes of each other and revel in each other's art. 
We are scrapbookers, card makers, writers, photographers. 
We come from all different walks of life, yet so many of us are traveling the same path.
There is wisdom shared, encouragement doled out, plenty of laughter and even some tears. They inspire me with their words and their art.
I look forward to reading their blogs whenever I can and enjoy knowing that they are reading mine.In some ways my blog friends have become a window to the world. 

It's pretty wonderful.

Although I will likely not get to meet these women in person it is good to know we're in this together- connected by our crafts and the internet. 

It's a small (crafty) world, afterall.

Well thanks for stopping by! Next you're in for a treat as you head over to this fabulous place.

And don't forget your letter...you'll need this to complete the phrase for the prize! 



p.s. If you missed any stops along the hop, just pop on over to Lizzie's where you will find the complete list. Enjoy!

35 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

wow melissa that is such a beautiful LO and journalling. mind if i scraplift the idea? i love reading ur blog and look forward to more diy tips,
Jo xxx

nancy said...

What a beautiful layout!! Love that window pane. And your journaling expresses so perfectly what I've gathered from the class as well.

Melissa said...

What a great layout! Thanks for sharing.

Sian said...

Oh Melissa, so beautifully done! I was getting emotional even before I caught sight of my blog on your page :) It means so much. I love to come here and admire your gorgeous craftiness, it's been a real pleasure visiting this past year. Here's to many more years to come x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Such journaling. Wow. I am so happy I see my lemons! It's been such a thrill to get to know you too, definitely one of the perks :)

Lizzie said...

But of course you should scrapbook in honour of the occasion - I so agree that it would just have been wrong not to do so!
That is really a wonderful scrap page. I love the window effect, with all your favourite blogs behind it. The journalling is really special - I share your feelings and agree that Friendships were the last thing I thought of when I started blogging, but the Best thing that has come out of it!
Pleased to have found your blog. I will add it to my follow list immediately!

Amy said...

This is just a superb layout and I love how your have journaled - thankyou for sharing it with us today .... I think I'm going to have to lift the idea!

furrypig said...

what a great scrapbook page and fab journalling too will be back to read more xxx

The Scrappy Tree said...

Beautiful page! Loving the title and the little windows especially, and the touching journaling of course! :)
Gayle xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Yes, of course you should be allowed to get out the scrap supplies for such an important evening!

I've not been here before, it's nice to meet you! I love your blog title and header. xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Melissa, this is my first visit to your lovely blog, Ill be back though! I came over from Rachel B on the blog hop. Nice to meet you! :)

Anonymous said...

Another amazing blog discovery for me tonight, I will definitely be coming back to visit!
Lovely to meet you,
Nat x

humel said...

My husband can't understand why I'm crying, but I'm sure you can! Beautiful post, beautiful layout. It's been so great to get to know you through our blogs xx

Liberty :) said...

gorgeous layout! i will be popping by here more often in future! X

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I absolutely love the layout you have created here! Beautiful!!! I love your thought that blog friends are a window to the world. Very well put! xo

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous page you've made! This is my first visit, but surely not my last. I've already poked around a bit, and loved your posts from "True Stories." I'm WAY behind but hope to catch up next week.

Miss Smith said...

This journalling is really great - I love Shimelle's classes and while I didn't take the blogging one, I'm really enjoying True Stories (and waiting for JYC again!)

Great page - Studio Calico love!

Unknown said...

What a great layout and tribute! :)

Salnclts said...

I love your LO! I may be making a LO on blogging soon! :)

Cate Brickell said...

beautiful layout, and gorgeous story! thank you for sharing.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous layout!
Rinda

Amy said...

This blog hop has been so fun....discovering new blogs!! I joined the class late so haven't had the pleasure of a full year of following many of you! I have enjoyed reading your posts...I am a special education teacher and have to say your Autism letter could not be better. I'll be back to visit you here often!!

scrappysue said...

Beautiful LO! I just read your post on Autism, it was very moving. My son was diagnosed with Aspergers when he was three years old. I am not entirely sure that was the correct diagnosis, since he is 11 now and absolutely fine. But anyhow, it was a desperate time and I can't imagine how it must feel for children and parents who have to deal with Autism on a daily basis. My heart goes out to them, it truly does.

sharyncarlson said...

Beautifully written, Melissa! And I love your page. I really do need to make a layout about blogging :) So honored to see my blog on your layout. I've truly enjoyed getting to know you through our blogs!!

Susanne said...

Great page, thanks for sharing with us your thoughts. Such wonderful prose.

Louisa-Jane said...

Awesome blog'n page. Love it. : )

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous page. Pleased to see you on this blog hop. I've been dropping by from time to time and always find something interesting to read or look at. A really lovely blog.

debs14 said...

Love the pictures of the blogs through the lattice work, what a clever idea!
Blogging friends eh? What would we do without them?!!!

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous LO and I love your blogg your ideas are so fresh x

Ginger said...

Beautiful post!

Tracy said...

I love your layout and am so enjoying going through all the blogs. Great post

Abi said...

HI! love the layout! So clever and beautiful! lovely post as well! Abi xx

Cal said...

What a lovely layout!! Wonderful blog too x

CDC said...

love the page! we gotta scrap-it-up this winter!

Meghann Andrew said...

Great layout! So glad to have "met" you through BFS!

Post a Comment