Posts

11.16.2009

holidays in hand

It's coming....


I know, right?! Where did this year go?? Weren't we just cleaning up wrapping paper and drying the dishes from big family dinners? It's hard to believe, but before I know it trips to the tree farm, nights of stringing lights while watching Christmas Vacation (now, a tradition), gathering with the girls to make cards and time spent with wonderful people will be upon us.

Shoot, the music is already playing on the radio! I even listened to about 1 minute of one, despite my strict "No Christmas Music Until Thanksgiving Dinner" rule...but shhh, don't tell mmb (if you are reading this hon, disregard that last sentence...)

If nothing else, the all too rapid passage of time in 2009 has taught me to appreciate every minute. And because of that, I especially want to cherish every moment of the coming holiday season. So when I stumbled upon {Jessica Sprague's Holidays in Hand class}, I decided that it is the perfect opportunity to get myself prepared for this season so I would be able to enjoy it more than rush around and stress. I haven't taken any of Jessica's classes, but I have heard nothing by rave reviews.
I am excited!

Our first assignment is to write down our values and goals for this holiday season.
In no particular order, here are mine:

1. Don't overdo it. Small, meaningful gifts mean the most.
2. Be conscious and grateful of the reason for celebration.
3. Take time to relax and enjoy (and craft!)
4. Appreciate my blessings and share that good fortune.
5. Perfection isn't necessary (ouch..that almost hurt to write!)
6. Love, laugh and cherish the magic of the season.


(layout from last Christmas...our first one living together!)

Whichever holiday you celebrate, I hope you will take some time to live it with intention and savor every second. What a magical time it is! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same "rule" around here about Christmas music. I'm even struggling with starting Christmas journaling before Thanksgiving! I like your goals.

Meghann Andrew said...

Love the pic of your pretty candles all lit up and the stars on your LO. Really cute! I wouldn't have been able to write #5 on your list! P.S. Thanks for your great comment on my post today and for keeping those fingers crossed! I will check out Pandora...

scrappyjacky said...

Love your list of goals....hope you manage it.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Love your goals, and your blog. :o) I think just the act of writing them down, seeing them in print, helps to have something to keep you grounded. That's what I'm hoping to get out of that class as well! See you around!

Post a Comment